Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
|Beginning Salary:||$1,133.60 bi-weekly|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
Using computer aided design equipment, prepares working drawings for citywide projects that improve, replace or enhance streets, water, sanitary and storm drainage and parks. Maintains Geographical Information System (GIS) including databases and maps of water lines, sanitary sewer lines, storm sewer lines, drainage information, right-of-way and other layers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Regularly interprets and converts field data and prepares engineering drawings for City construction projects utilizing a computer aided design system (AutoCAD and Eagle Point).
- Regularly lays out, organizes and calculates quantity estimates for sanitary sewer, drainage, street, waterline and other construction projects, locating utilities, easements, property lines and similar information on plans utilizing basic drafting methods or computer programs such as AutoCAD and Eagle Point.
- Regularly prepares or corrects drawings and maps by reference to field data, construction plans and property records.
- Regularly prepares and plots existing topography and proposed improvements; prepares strip maps of right-of-way to be acquired; maintains drawings and database records of water and sewer lines, drainage and right-of-way information in AutoCAD and GIS format.
- Frequently prepares maps and diagrams; prepares maps and plan drawings in perspective; makes illustrative sketches in color or black and white.
- Frequently draws to scale projects such as park and playground areas, community centers, tennis, basketball, and handball courts, swimming pools and other recreation structures and facilities.
- Regularly maintains the geographic information system, as it pertains to water, sewer, drainage, right of-way and other layers by inserting new data and updating existing data by using software, digitizing, graphic editing techniques, and alpha-numeric data input; Maintains an accurate log of all data changes; and assists other users of the system in accessing the system and obtaining data.
- Associate degree or vocational training in land surveying, digital mapping, computer science, geographic information systems or closely related field and two years of experience using computer aided design equipment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Eagle Point.
- Knowledge of digitizing, coordinate geometry techniques, cursor editing and data input.
- Knowledge of mathematics, geometry and trigonometry as applied to civil engineering drafting formulas.
- Skill in operating the following tools and equipment: network based computer workstation, plotter, digitizer, printer, engineering copier, telephone and two-way radio.
- Working knowledge of standard business computer software Word Processing and Electronic Spreadsheets.
- Ability to work under direct or occasional supervision.
- Ability to interpret data, recognize discrepancies and correct or determine the cause on specialized technical civil engineering projects.
- Skill in surveying and standard drafting techniques.
- General knowledge of surveying and engineering.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license at date of hire or valid driver’s license from state of residency.
EOE /AA Employer /Vets/Disability